You need a treatment with the Fluidotherapy® Double Extremity Unit – the only name in dry heat therapy.
• So how does this work? Fluidotherapy is a dry thermal physical agent that transfers its energy (i.e. heat) to soft tissues by forced convection. “Evidence-Based Guide to Therapeutic Physical Agents”.
• What is forced convection? It is defined as the process of heat transfer through the forced movements of heated air and Cellex (made of natural cellulose) particles in the chamber, which together are circulated around the extremity being treated. “Evidence-Based Guide to Therapeutic Physical Agents”.
• So what is Fluidotherapy? It is defined as: “A modality of dry heat that uses a suspended air stream with the properties of a liquid. It simultaneously performs the functions of applied heat, massage, sensory stimulation, levitation and pressure oscillations”. “Mosby’s Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Allied Health”.
• Dry Heat Therapy relieves localized pain, increases localized blood circulation, increases range of motion and relieves minor pain and stiffness associated with non-rheumatoid arthritis.
• Relief of local pain
• Management of minor pain and stiffness on non-rheumatoid arthritis
• Increase localized blood circulation
• Management of joint range of motion when combined with exercise
Examples of common applications
• Relief of local pain
• Tissue heating
• Sensory stimulation
• Increased blood flow
• Decreased ROM
• Other conditions where heat is appropriate
• Where cancerous lesions are present in the treatment area
• Where open wounds are present in the treatment area
• When patients are suspected of carrying serious infectious diseases
• Systemic infectious diseases where it is advisable to suppress heat or fevers
• Severe circulatory obstruction disorders (arterial, venous, or lymphatic)
Call Now at 751-8437 to get set up for fluidotherapy by going through your insurance.
Comments are closed.
Very helpful! It gave me the ability to return to my sport as soon as possible.
Excellent, Chris predicted 3 months of work and it was just at 3 months. I have great range of motion now in my shoulder. Chris and Rodney pushed me and the work paid off. Lindsi is always cheerful, helpful and sweet. x
I was really pleased with the service at AthletePlus. The staff is professional and helpful. I felt comfortable asking any questions about the therapy and anything related to my injury. I felt at ease getting advice on how to adapt the routines so I could do them at home. Overall, I would recommend them to anyone.
“Thank you Chris and the AthletePlus team for all your help in getting my knee back to “normal”. I can use it again with ease and no pain”
Very professional, kind people who answered each question I had throughout the program. The program was challenging, yet possible for someone with my injuries to complete. The E-Stim sessions seemed to help, also. I completed the exercises I was directed to do at home each day to strengthen my back.
Great place for rehab. I will let everyone know who needs rehab to come out and see there great facility. Thanks a lot for all your help!!!!!!
I feel 100% better than when I arrived. Great Staff , Good program , Thanks for getting me back on track.
I was a good experience at learning new abilities. It made me a lot stronger and I fell like it made a better athlete. In basketball a lot. I thought I was a lot of help for me.
Professional staff who are concerned about their patients. Also best program ever.
Overall a very positive experience. The staff has been very professional and have provided me with not just therapy, but a method to continue my work outside the center. All the exercises provided have been such that they can be integrated into my normal workout routine. This should allow me to work on any problems on my own in the future. I have been very pleased with the progress I made and with the program.